Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Downton Abbey -- my new favorite show

I've always loved period dramas -- from Titanic to Somewhere in Time and everything in between, if there is a romance set in the 1910's with lavish costumes, you've hooked me!  Imagine my delight when I learned that Downton Abbey was broadcast on PBS in the US.  What a treat!  I missed the first two series so I didn't begin watching the show till this past January with series 3.  Series 3 opened with Matthew and Mary's wedding.  This was all well and good but I felt a bit lost since I had missed the first two seasons.  I immediately joined Hulu and got caught up on the first two series.  I watched all 16+ hours of series 1 and 2 in a little under one week!

All of us were stunned with how series 3 ended and are looking forward to seeing how Lady Mary begins life anew in series 4.  Here's hoping the US airing of series 4 will coincide with the UK airing so there isn't a several month lag which results in plot spoilers for fan over here in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment