Our Christmas wreath has been packed up till next year which means we are in need of a winter wreath to decorate our front door during the dreary months of January and February. After making trips to a few local stores and coming back empty, I figured, "Ok. I can't find a winter wreath I like so I guess I'll have to make one."
And what could be better than doing crafts on a rainy, chilly Sunday afternoon? I went to AC Moore earlier this week and bought my supplies: a grapevine wreath, a 6' wedding garland, floral wire and glittery silver ribbon.



If you'd like to duplicate this wreath, follow these step-by-step directions.
Step 1: Attach the 6' garland to the wreath by twisting one end of the garland around one of the twigs on the rear of the wreath

Step 2: Spiral the garland around the wreath (careful not to get it twisted)

Step 3: Secure the other end of the garland to the back of the wreath
Step 4: Tuck in the various "limbs" of the garland in and around the twigs

Step 5: Make the bow. Take your ribbon and make loops by making Figure 8's. After you have the desired amount of loops, secure the center of the bow with floral wire. Step-by-step directions for making bows can be found
here.
Step 6: Afix the bow to the wreath
VOILA! You've just made a winter wreath!
No comments:
Post a Comment