Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Weekend

It's not often that Rob and I get to go out on a "Just the Two of Us" date so when we noticed that Valentine's Day fell on a weekend, we were quick to line up a sitter for Saturday evening. Miss Jamie came over to watch Alaina so Rob and I headed out to paint the town red!
First stop: Bonefish Grill on West 7th Street. We had luckily made a reservation several weeks ago so instead of waiting 80 minutes for a table, we only waited about 10 minutes. We had just gotten our drinks from the bartender when our buzzer went off. Sweet! We started off with a few cocktails and then both had Caesar Salads for our appetizers. Then it came time for our entrees and while Rob opted for the Chilean Sea Bass with Pan Asian sauce, I had the Bang Bang Shrimp. This is my favorite dish at Bonefish so I of course had to get it! Yumm-o!

After we had finished our dinners it was time for dessert. I indulged in the sinfully decadent Chocolate Creme Brulee (made with just a hint of Grand Marnier) and Rob enjoyed their Key Lime Pie.

After dinner was over we decided it was too early to call it a night so we waddled out to the car and drove to the Dutch's Dungeon. While this sounds like some sort of S&M place, it's really not. It's the lounge in the basement of one of Frederick's finest restaurants, the Dutch's Daughter. We really enjoyed our Date Night and are looking forward to going out again soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Valentine's Day itself was very quiet. We gave Alaina a little Valentine's teddy bear and some colorful headbands. We thought for sure she wouldn't wear the headband but she surprised us and wore it all day!

1 comment:

  1. She sure is a cutie, Jen!

    The Dutch's Daughter is a FANTASTIC restaurant! Cory and I stuffed our guts their about 7 or 8 years ago when his practice had their Christmas party there. It was amazing. Why haven't we gone back???

    Happy Valentine's Day, friend!

    ReplyDelete