Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year! Ours was quiet -- Alaina wasn't feeling well so we had to cancel plans with friends of ours and we ended up just staying home and relaxing. But I will say there is something very calm and relaxing about watching the ball drop with your hubby while lounging around in your pajamas.

New Year's Day was full of the traditions I've come to love over the years: the Tournament of Roses Parade, Penn State football, and a family dinner. My mother hosted the annual Lucas Family New Year's Day dinner and it went quite well. Mom & Dad served the traditional pork & sauerkraut, baked corn, and dinner rolls. Cindy & Bill provided the mashed potatoes and creamed grapes. Rob & I brought homemade applesauce, a tirimisu trifle, and rum cake. I'm not at all biased when I say that Rob's rum cake was d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s.

As for New Years resolutions, I only believe in making ones I can actually keep. So the tired resolution to "lose weight" is fantastic but not realisitic until after the baby is born because who are we kidding?? I won't be losing any weight during the 3rd trimester! But you'd better believe that I'll be hitting my diet & exercise program hard in April after the baby is born!

I believe I will resolve this year to blog more than I did in 2010. I blogged 16 times in 2009 and 33 times in 2010. Double! Will I be able to blog more than 33 times this year? That remains to be seen but I'm sure willing to give it a shot.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOURS!

No comments:

Post a Comment