Rob, Alaina, and I were invited to a friend's Super Bowl this year and had a wonderful time even though my Steelers lost the Big Game. What can I say? It was just Green Bay's year. There was something almost magical about their team this year and how they overcame having 16 players on IR only to clinch the 6th seed in the NFC playoffs.
Quite honestly, I wasn't even expecting the Steelers to make it to the Super Bowl this year. I had the Super Bowl match up being between the Patriots and the Packers but when the Jets beat the Patriots in a shocking upset in the second round of the playoffs, I realized the Steelers had a very good chance of going all the way.
That brings us to Super Bowl Sunday and after watching Christina Aguilera butcher the National Anthem and then watching the Packers go up on the Steelers 21-10 at the half, I wasn't having that good of a feeling about the outcome of the game. Well, at least the company was enjoyable and the food was good!
Quite honestly, I wasn't even expecting the Steelers to make it to the Super Bowl this year. I had the Super Bowl match up being between the Patriots and the Packers but when the Jets beat the Patriots in a shocking upset in the second round of the playoffs, I realized the Steelers had a very good chance of going all the way.
That brings us to Super Bowl Sunday and after watching Christina Aguilera butcher the National Anthem and then watching the Packers go up on the Steelers 21-10 at the half, I wasn't having that good of a feeling about the outcome of the game. Well, at least the company was enjoyable and the food was good!
A picture of Alaina & me dressed in our Steelers jerseys on Super Bowl Sunday 2011.
Now on to the most important thing about the Super Bowl: the commercials! My favorite commercial this year was Volkswagen's commercial called "The Force." As a parent I could totally relate to this commercial and the lengths we go to just to make our children's day. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment