Friday, October 7, 2011

Reflections on my first 35 years

I turned 35 on August 24th.  I haven't made a big deal about my birthday for years, but I must say that turning 35 really struck me.  Not in a bad way, just made me reflect a bit about my time on earth thus far.  I'm not trying to brag but I am feeling quite accomplished my for 35 years:
  • I have a loving husband and a seemingly strong marriage
  • I've been blessed with two beautiful, healthy children
  • I have a close-knit group of friends
  • I have found a church that I love and enjoy being involved with the various activities
  • I have loving, supportive parents
  • I have an awesome sister, brother-in-law, and niece & nephew
  • I have a job that I love and get paid well for doing it
  • I am overall a healthy person
  • I am a home owner (though not our dream house we are making due until the market improves)
  • And to top off my list, I can now run for President of the United States. :)
What is my wish list for my next 35 years?
  • Continued good health not only for myself but for my family and friends. 
  • That someone finds a cure for cancer and soon
  • A strong and happy marriage with Rob
  • Watching Alaina & Brady grow into responsible, intelligent, productive members of society
  • Watching Alaina & Brady graduate from college
  • Watching Alaina & Brady hopefully get married one day (clarification: not to each other)
  • Becoming a grandparent!
  • Becoming a better Christian
  • Selling our townhouse and moving into a single family home
  • Retirement!

No comments:

Post a Comment