Thursday, July 21, 2011

Keys Game with Calvary UMC

On June 25th, Calvary UMC had its annual outing to the Frederick Keys game at Harry Grove Stadium. The game was sold out because it was Church Night, Scouts Night, and Fireworks Night. Rob and I didn't realize this so we drove separately (just in case one of us had to leave early to take Brady home to bed) and had a difficult time finding a place to park. Once we finally made it to our seats, we had a wonderful time.

Alaina was well-behaved and had a good time sitting with her friends Riley and Taylor while the parents watched the game. By the 3rd or 4th inning, though, the girls were getting bored so a bunch of us headed over to the carnival rides located near right field. Alaina had a fabulous time on the carousel (ok, I did too).

Rob left with Brady shortly thereafter and Alaina & I made our way out to my car during the 8th inning. I wanted us to already be at the car to watch the fireworks because traffic was going to be terrible if we stayed to watch the fireworks from within the stadium. After an hour of waiting at the car (no joke!), the fireworks finally started at 10:15 PM. Side Note: have you ever tried entertaining a 2-year-old for an hour when they were up way past their bedtime? It wasn't easy; she resorted to using my car as a jungle-gym. I will admit, though, that the fireworks were spectacular and Alaina had a wonderful time watching them (ok, I did too).

I'm also happy to report that the Keys played the Winston-Salem Dash that night and they won 6-2!

Instead of posting a bunch of pictures from the game, I'll just post the link to my Picasa web album: https://picasaweb.google.com/105184406745675159178/KeysGame

No comments:

Post a Comment