Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Fourth of July

Typically we spend the Fourth of July either in Maine or South Carolina with Rob's family, but since we didn't make the trip this year, we ended up spending the holiday in Chambersburg. We enjoyed an afternoon of swimming at Guilford Pool where Alaina discovered her new favorite thing -- going down the slide! She probably went down the slide about 50 times.

Later that evening, Cindy and her family came over to Mom & Dad's and we had a family picnic. My parents set up the same Wet Banana my sister and I played with back in the 1980's. Lauren, Andrew, and Alaina had a blast running and sliding down the wet mat. Good times!

I baked a sugar-free vanilla cake for dessert which I decorated to look like the American flag. It was decorated with sugar-free Cool Whip instead of icing but I have to say that it was quite tasty. It reminded me strawberry shortcake. After dinner all of us went into Gary & Jan Aughinbaugh's house on Prairie Drive to watch the fireworks at Memorial Park. It was a very fun day and I think everyone had a good time.


Litte Miss Independence:
My US flag cake:
Wet Banana!
Andrew & Alaina at the fireworks:

No comments:

Post a Comment