While I was home on maternity leave I became a big fan of daytime TV. One morning while watching Rachel Ray, I saw a segment on a lipstick making tool called Lipstix ReMix. I had used some of my favorite lipsticks to the point that they were below the tube and I could no longer get to the color. Well, Lipstix ReMix allows you to scoop out the leftover lipstick from the tube, melt it down, and remold it into a new tube. Brilliant! I bought mine for $19.95 on Amazon.
Here are the 5 tubes of lipstick I could no longer use
After the lipstick was frozen, I took the mold apart.
Here are the 5 tubes of lipstick I could no longer use
The Lipstix ReMix kit came with everything pictured here
I scooped out the old lipstick from the 5 tubes and placed it in the microwave safe container
After I melted down the old lipstick, I poured it into the new mold and placed in the freezer
After the lipstick was frozen, I took the mold apart.
Here is the picture of my newly-formed lipstick
Ready to use!
Close up:

I'm looking for one of the molds anyone you know who has one to sake please let me know
ReplyDelete