Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pool Days

It's safe to say that our favorite summertime activity is going to the pool. I was literally raised at Guilford Pool (now the Ragged Edge Swim Club) in Chambersburg, PA. I'm not kidding. My parents have pictures of me playing at the pool when I was an infant (see the picture of me below from August 1977 when I was 1 year old) and I still go there everytime I'm in PA during the summer months.


Jen at Guilford Pool (August 1977):


Jen at Guilford Pool (Early 1980's): Alaina loves to jump off the side of the pool and even puts her whole head under water without holding her nose. The swimming lessons she took at the YMCA last Fall have really paid off. She's very comfortable in the water and likes to swim all by herself. In fact, if Rob or I go to hold her in the pool or help her to the side, she swats our hand away and sternly tells us, "By myself!" Now that she has a lifejacket she can go down the slide at Guilford Pool and also jumps off the side of the pool without any help. She's so independent!

Here are some of my favorite pictures from our pool days this summer:










No comments:

Post a Comment